08 March, 2013

Ep 77 - The Long Goodbye Job


The team finds out the reason that Nate brought them to Portland, and the information he and Hardison has been hiding from them this season. Nate wants to find the Black Book, a record of a huge scam that the government covered over when the rich and powerful managed to steal 1/3rd of the world’s wealth. This was their Mount Everest of scams, and the episode works backwards as we’re lead to believe Nate’s gotten the whole team killed instead. He’s taken in by Interpol and reunites with Sterling. Little does the team know that this is their last heist together, just like we didn’t know at the time that it aired. Was this a satisfying conclusion? How many call backs do you think you missed? And who wants to be invited to Sophie and Nate’s wedding? All that and more on this episode of Leverage.

3 comments:

  1. Sad to see your epic podcast ending: great stuff.

    You've made me go back over all the episodes again, dammit, so have two questions for you:

    Q1:
    Ok, two questions for the last one:-
    You get 10 episodes to tell the 77-episode story-arc of leverage:- which ten?

    eg:
    The Nigerian Job
    The Two-Horse Job
    The First David Job
    The Second David Job
    The Maltese Falcon Job
    The Last Dam Job
    The Queen's Gambit Job
    The Broken Wing Job
    The Rundown Job
    The Long Goodbye Job

    Q2: Series 6 is dead, so what is your pitch for the spin-off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you considered doing a review podcast for each of the Leverage Novel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just finished the final episode of Leverage. I put off watching Season 5 until I had all of the episodes on my DVR. I felt the show was losing itself through Season 3, but did rebound in Season 4 and 5. I expected Season 5 to be a further downward spiral as happens to most shows as they linger until canceled, but Season 5 was better than I expected and once I started watching it, I wanted to watch the next episode right afterwards.

    I'm satisfied with the finale, it gave us closure, while leaving open the door. And this show leaves on a high note, unlike some shows where you may only want to watch first three seasons and ignore the final five seasons.

    I hope that TNT revives the show as annual movie, ala the Jesse Stone series. This could work very well.

    I've also loved the podcast, entirely. It has been very entertaining and enjoyable to listen to, even when Leverage wasn't its best.

    My favorite character of the series is Hardison, he has had some of the best lines. But, a close second would have to be Parker. I can recall so many great lines from both of these characters over the years.

    I think 5 years is a good run for any show, not too short and not too long. And they can always do a spin-off like Leverage, Inc.

    ReplyDelete